Ugo FILLASTRE, deputy director of our Paris branch and head of our Geodata offer, tells us about our collaboration with Axione.
Axione is a key player in the deployment of telecommunications infrastructures such as optical fiber. With a few figures, this company is 6,500 communities served in very high speed, 6,000,000 million FTTH connections and over 2,900 employees.
We develop a web and mobile software suite for planning and monitoring jobs:
- In the office, foremen use GField Manager, on their PC, to assign jobs to technicians and track their progress.
- In the field, technicians use GField Mobile, on their tablet, to geo-locate the operations to be performed, access technical documentation and track the progress of the work, for example by taking pictures of the work.
We had to consider four issues:
- Provide an intuitive and efficient user experience for field operators. Our UX department led agile coding workshops with the Product Owner, the businesses and the developers.
- Designing map-centric applications, allowing data to be viewed in their geographical context. With our GIS pole, expert and Esri partner, we implemented an ArcGIS geographic information system.
- Develop high-performance applications with specific hardware (Android and Windows tablets) and environmental requirements (off-line work area). Our Web Application and Mobile Applications divisions worked hand in hand to
- Deliver the products in agile mode. The Axione/Sully team worked in SCRUM methodology, relying on 15 Axione key-users and partners.
There has been a real buy-in in the field. Nearly 250 users have adopted GField Mobile, and 200 GField Manager. The software suite has already been used to lay 1,500 km of cable and 4,000 boxes. It's a real tool for improving productivity during deployment sites. It's a success story!
- Our Agencies
- Our Services
- Business Apps
- Mobile Apps
- Cloud Ops
- Web Factory
- Service Design
- Geo Data