As a Senior Developer, you will:
- Deliver user-centric solution designs, and implement cost-effective, high-performing, reliable and simple-to-use IT solutions.
- Be part of an agile team that includes a Product Manager, Software Developers, User Experience Researchers, Experience Designers, DevOps and Content Advisors.
- Research new technology trends and develop proofs of concept.
- Provide guidance in solution development and modern web frameworks related to open source technology solutions that ensure our solutions are available anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Be a champion for the development and implementation of forward-thinking standards and technologies to support transforming the digital experience of many Websites throughout Canada.
- Provide guidance in problem-solving that involves people, tech, and processes, using logic and common sense.
What you bring to the team
- You possess proven technical skills and expertise, and are not afraid to communicate new ideas to technical and non-technical staff.
- You possess exceptional analytical thinking needed for fast problem resolution of a technical nature.
- You are proactive, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and empowered work environment.
- You have knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, open source web technologies, service-oriented architectures, and databases.
- You have knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, implementing IT solutions and working with a variety of programming languages like:
- Modern PHP frameworks (e.g. Drupal)
- You have actively contributed to all phases of the software development life cycle (particularly focusing on agile methodologies).
- You have built complex, API-based solutions and transactional systems.
- You have written automated test scripts for unit, integration, end-to-end, cross-browser, device, and accessibility.
- You have knowledge of common authentication technologies, browser-based security controls, and standard web application security tools.
- You have experience with code version control systems (e.g. Git), DevOps practices, cloud delivery/deployment models, virtualization, and container solutions (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- You have advanced knowledge of theory and practices of systems design and development, and can steer the design, development, testing, and implementation of systems solutions.
Architecture and Design
- You have an understanding of modern architectural practices for cloud-based solutions.
- You have proven experience applying software engineering best practices and architectural practices to agile product delivery.
- You have experience conducting feasibility studies, reviewing new IT system architecture or re-engineering legacy systems.
- You have proven communication skills to participate in team discussions, make solution recommendations, and document/explain work.
- You have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, to sell your ideas to colleagues, both technical and non-technical.
- You have developed processes to improve the efficiency of teams and taken steps to help others resolve conflict and maintain trusting relationships.
- English and French speaking is a plus.
Project and Digital Expertise
- You have worked on a mature product, balancing the need to address technical debt with new product enhancements through continuous iterations.
- You can define technical approaches to understand the user story, break down the tasks, and guide others in doing so.
Posted by William Agency Toronto April 5, 2023
Reference : job-ref-ipgn7ymnf9
Reference : job-ref-ipgn7ymnf9
Full Time Permanent Toronto
- Our Agencies
- Our Services
- Business Apps
- Mobile Apps
- Cloud Ops
- Web Factory
- Service Design
- Geo Data